Our service this week will be live-streamed on Sunday at 11 am.
Time for Children, Jenny Newman
We are an open and affirming community of faith in Jesus Christ. At home in an urban neighborhood of many faiths, we acknowledge that we are not alone on the path to understanding God. In worship, study, and fellowship, we celebrate our Presbyterian roots and find joy in our diversity. We strive for the grace to love one another as we seek deeper understanding of life in the Spirit, working for justice and serving as stewards of God’s wondrous creation.
We are a More Light congregation: “Following the risen Christ, and seeking to make the Church a true community of hospitality, the mission of More Light Presbyterians is the full participation of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people of faith in the life, ministry, and witness of the Presbyterian Church (USA).”
Inclusive Language: Words matter. Jesus Christ, the living Word, reached out to all people to bring all people into God’s fold. The kingdom of God includes all types of people; therefore our language should reflect the inclusivity and equality among the people of God. To the end, when possible, we seek to eliminate the inherent bias of the English language towards the masculine gender without altering passages that reflect the historical situation of ancient patriarchal culture, out of which the Bible originated.
* The Session has voted that, until such time as the seven-day testing average for Allegheny County is below 3% for two weeks, there will be no in-person worship. We will also continue to keep the building closed until future notice. Read the most recent statement from the Reopening Task Force (click here!).
* Many thanks to Frank Davoli, Kate Davoli, Linda Davoli, Karl Greenley, Kirk Howe, and Tom Twiss for being part of the service this week!
* Sunday School for children preschool through sixth grade will resume January 10
* Adult education will resume January 10. Miss a previous adult education or justice presentation? Recordings available (click here!).
* Bill Guy’s Sunday School class meets (surprise!) Sundays at 10 am. Check your weekly worship email for the Zoom link or email the church office (the link will be the same each week).
* Pastor Vincent’s Bible study will resume January 6
* It’s not the same as the thrill of putting the envelope in the plate, but you can still pay on your pledges either through eGive (click here!) or by mailing your check to the church. We continue to need your support in this challenging time!
* Are you stressed, frightened, or discouraged? We invite you to THE OPEN DOOR. We have created The Open Door: A Place for Meditation and Reflection in response to the turmoil in our lives. There will be additional offerings in the future. Please step into this Holy Space as often as you like. Click here to enter!
Comments are closed.