We’re back in the Sanctuary for 10 am worship! We will continue to livestream the service.
We are an open and affirming community of faith in Jesus Christ. At home in an urban neighborhood of many faiths, we acknowledge that we are not alone on the path to understanding God. In worship, study, and fellowship, we celebrate our Presbyterian roots and find joy in our diversity. We strive for the grace to love one another as we seek deeper understanding of life in the Spirit, working for justice and serving as stewards of God’s wondrous creation.
We are a More Light congregation: “Following the risen Christ, and seeking to make the Church a true community of hospitality, the mission of More Light Presbyterians is the full participation of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people of faith in the life, ministry, and witness of the Presbyterian Church (USA).”
Inclusive Language: Words matter. Jesus Christ, the living Word, reached out to all people to bring them into God’s fold. The kingdom of God includes all people; therefore our language should reflect the inclusivity and equality among the people of God. To that end, when possible, we seek to eliminate the inherent bias of the English language toward the masculine gender without altering passages that reflect the historical situation of ancient patriarchal culture, out of which the Bible originated.
* Today’s Service: Chuck Herrold (liturgist); Kirk Howe (livestreaming); Katrina Kennel and Jan Myers-Newbury (singers); Pam Howe, Mary Lang, and Amy Whipple (ushers)
* We have resumed in-person worship at 10 am. Doors will open at 9:45 am and masks are required for everyone while inside the building. Live-streaming will continue and be available on our website / YouTube as usual. For additional details, click here!
* Adult education is done for the season! If you’d like to revisit presentations from the past year, click here!
* Want to join Pastor Vincent’s Bible study of the lectionary texts at 10:30 am on Wednesdays? Contact the office to get on the email list for connection to the Zoom meeting.
* It’s not the same as the thrill of putting the envelope in the plate, but you can still pay on your pledges either through eGive (click here!) or by mailing your check to the church. We continue to need your support in this challenging time!
* Are you stressed, frightened, or discouraged? We invite you to THE OPEN DOOR. We have created The Open Door: A Place for Meditation and Reflection in response to the turmoil in our lives. There will be additional offerings in the future. Please step into this Holy Space as often as you like. Click here to enter!
Comments are closed.