We’re back in the Sanctuary for 10 am worship! We will continue to livestream the service.
We are an open and affirming community of faith in Jesus Christ. At home in an urban neighborhood of many faiths, we acknowledge that we are not alone on the path to understanding God. In worship, study, and fellowship, we celebrate our Presbyterian roots and find joy in our diversity. We strive for the grace to love one another as we seek deeper understanding of life in the Spirit, working for justice and serving as stewards of God’s wondrous creation.
We are a More Light congregation: “Following the risen Christ, and seeking to make the Church a true community of hospitality, the mission of More Light Presbyterians is the full participation of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people of faith in the life, ministry, and witness of the Presbyterian Church (USA).”
Inclusive Language: Words matter. Jesus Christ, the living Word, reached out to all people to bring them into God’s fold. The kingdom of God includes all people; therefore our language should reflect the inclusivity and equality among the people of God. To that end, when possible, we seek to eliminate the inherent bias of the English language toward the masculine gender without altering passages that reflect the historical situation of ancient patriarchal culture, out of which the Bible originated.
* Today’s Service: Kathi Robinson-Dassel (liturgist); Kirk Howe (livestreaming); Mary Radcliffe (singer)
* Pastor Vincent’s weekly Bible study of the lectionary texts resumes this Wednesday, September 8 at 10:30 am over Zoom. Contact the office to be added to the email update list.
* Sunday School and Extended Session: Beginning next Sunday, September 12, Sunday school for children in preschool through third grade will be held during Extended Session each week during worship. Children will be dismissed from the sanctuary during worship following the Time for Children and will be brought back as a group to the sanctuary at the conclusion of the worship service. Masks are required for all participants and our teachers and staff are vaccinated.
* Virtual Sunday School: Beginning next Sunday, September 12, there will be two options for virtual Sunday School. Students of all ages are invited to join Jenny Newman on Zoom to explore our weekly Sunday school lessons on Sundays at 10 am and Thursdays at 6 pm. Lessons will last about 30 minutes and links to the Zoom sessions will be sent weekly via email.
* Adult Sunday School: Beginning next Sunday, September 12, Bill Guy will be holding his weekly class at 9:30 am over Zoom. Contact Bill (email@example.com) to receive the Zoom link and be added to his email list.
* Fall Worship Hour: Next week, September 12, we will resume our 11:00 worship hour.
* Doors open for in-person worship at 9:45 am and masks are required for everyone while inside the building. Livestreaming will continue and be available on our website / YouTube as usual. For additional details, click here!
* It’s not the same as the thrill of putting the envelope in the plate, but you can still pay on your pledges either through eGive (click here!) or by mailing your check to the church. We continue to need your support in this challenging time!
* Are you stressed, frightened, or discouraged? We invite you to THE OPEN DOOR. We have created The Open Door: A Place for Meditation and Reflection in response to the turmoil in our lives. There will be additional offerings in the future. Please step into this Holy Space as often as you like. Click here to enter!