We’re back in the Sanctuary for 11 am worship! We will continue to livestream the service.
Important worship update: participants are asked to wear KN95 masks, cloth masks with KN95 filters, or double masks. Child and adult-size KN95 masks will be available if needed.
Click here for this week’s bulletin to follow along during the service and see additional announcements / upcoming meetings and events in and around the church.
We are an open and affirming community of faith in Jesus Christ. At home in an urban neighborhood of many faiths, we acknowledge that we are not alone on the path to understanding God. In worship, study, and fellowship, we celebrate our Presbyterian roots and find joy in our diversity. We strive for the grace to love one another as we seek deeper understanding of life in the Spirit, working for justice and serving as stewards of God’s wondrous creation.
We are a More Light congregation: “Following the risen Christ, and seeking to make the Church a true community of hospitality, the mission of More Light Presbyterians is the full participation of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people of faith in the life, ministry, and witness of the Presbyterian Church (USA).”
Inclusive Language: Words matter. Jesus Christ, the living Word, reached out to all people to bring them into God’s fold. The kingdom of God includes all people; therefore our language should reflect the inclusivity and equality among the people of God. To that end, when possible, we seek to eliminate the inherent bias of the English language toward the masculine gender without altering passages that reflect the historical situation of ancient patriarchal culture, out of which the Bible originated.
* Sunday school for children in preschool through third grade is held during Extended Session each week during worship. Children will be dismissed from the sanctuary during worship following the Time for Children and will be brought back as a group to the sanctuary at the conclusion of the worship service. Masks are required for all participants and our teachers and staff are vaccinated.
* Virtual Sunday School: Students of all ages are invited to join Jenny Newman on Zoom to explore our weekly Sunday school lessons on Sundays at 10 am. Links to the Zoom sessions will be sent weekly via email.
* Adult Sunday School: Bill Guy’s weekly class meets at 9:30 am over Zoom. Contact Bill to receive the Zoom link and be added to his email list.
* Pastor Vincent’s weekly Bible study meets Wednesdays at 10:30 am over Zoom. Contact the office to be added to the email update list.
* Want to know what in-person worship is like? Click here!
* It’s not the same as the thrill of putting the envelope in the plate, but you can still pay on your pledges either through eGive (click here!) or by mailing your check to the church.
* Are you stressed, frightened, or discouraged? We invite you to THE OPEN DOOR. We have created The Open Door: A Place for Meditation and Reflection in response to the turmoil in our lives. There will be additional offerings in the future. Please step into this Holy Space as often as you like. Click here to enter!