It is with delight and despair that we announce that Dan Frayer-Griggs will be leaving our employ on Friday, August 14, understandably, to pursue his academic teaching and editing career. We are now accepting applications for a new Office Administrator/Secretary until July 31st.
Part-Time Church Office Administrator/Secretary – Immediate opening
Sixth Presbyterian Church, Squirrel Hill
Our Church Mission Statement: We are an open and affirming community of Faith in Jesus Christ. At home in an urban neighborhood of many faiths, we acknowledge that we are not alone on the path to understanding God. In worship, study and fellowship, we celebrate our Presbyterian roots and find joy in our diversity. We strive for the grace to love one another as we seek a deeper understanding of life in the Spirit, working for justice and serving as stewards of God’s wondrous creation.
Job Title: Church Office Administrator or Secretary
Purpose: To provide general office and clerical support to the Pastor, session and congregation; to maintain permanent church records and perform financial data entry and reporting; and to provide a welcoming reception and foster good communication among staff, congregation and community.
Schedule: 20 hours/week. Tuesday-Friday, 9am-2pm
Start date: August 7, 2015
Salary: Negotiable, dependent on experience and skills
- Positive experience and/or desire to work in a faith-based, collegial group environment.
- Professional work ethic, self-motivated, detail oriented, organized, dependable and congenial.
- Excellent clerical and administrative skills, adept use of computer and office equipment, demonstrated knowledge of internet, email, and Office software. Experience with Church Windows a plus.
- Written and oral communication skills, with experience in newsletter and other document publication.
- Act 33/34 clearances required prior to hiring.