Erring on the side of caution, we will begin to phase in programs for children and youth this fall starting with nursery care and Extended Session. Our current goal is to limit the length of time our young people will be spending in our building while providing some opportunity for us to gather in person.
Beginning September 12:
- Nursery Care for infants and toddlers will be provided during the worship service. Childcare staff are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19 and wear a mask.
- Sunday school for children in preschool through third grade will be held during Extended Session each week during worship. Children will be dismissed from the sanctuary during worship following the Time for Children and will be brought back as a group to the sanctuary at the conclusion of the worship service. We will use the Primary Sunday School Room or the Ridinger Room depending on the size of the group. We will abide by the safety guidelines listed below. For the time being, Sunday school for grades four and up and youth group fellowship time will resume virtually.
- There will be two weekly opportunities for virtual Sunday school for all ages via Zoom: 10 am Sundays and 6 pm Thursdays. The sessions will last for 30 minutes. We will be posting weekly Sunday school resources and a children’s bulletin for those participating in Sunday school and church at home.
- Youth Group for grades six and up which will be held weekly on Thursdays from 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
- Additional outdoor activities and gatherings for children, youth and their families may be planned with masks being required for all unvaccinated individuals.
We will continue to monitor the rate of community spread and adjust programming and protocols monthly for all in-person gatherings for children based on the CDC’s recommendations for school and day care facilities, state regulations, county health department guidelines, and all guidelines and requirements established by the leadership and Session of Sixth Presbyterian Church. Our next step will be to resume in-person Sunday school for grades four and up.